Have you ever wondered when the best and worst time is to look at real estate in New Hope, PA? Check out the pros and cons of buying a home during every season.
- There is a lot of inventory available when springtime rolls around, and this can be especially helpful if there’s a specific neighborhood you’re interested in or home features you’d like to have.
- Flowers are blooming, and gardens are just starting to peak giving, spring weather makes a happy time for both home buyers and home sellers.
- As one of the busiest times in home sales, finding the right real estate agent can be difficult.
- Spring and summer are both very competitive timeframes to purchase due to more buyers prowling the market.
- You can get a real sense of the community and what your new home area is all about during the summer. Everyone is outside, and you won’t mind taking a walk around the block to feel things out.
- School is out, and those who are moving with children will experience an easy transition.
- Summer is the most popular season to move so you can expect super high moving rates if you plan on hiring a professional moving company.
- Summer is also home to a very competitive buying market so if you see something you absolutely love, jump on it quick before someone else does.
- Winter has the lowest competition of all the seasons. Buying a home at this time will be very stress-free and relaxing.
- If your plan is to buy and then remodel, winter is the perfect time to book a contactor as this is their slowest season.
- Who likes to move in the middle of a snow storm? Enough said.
- The lack of daylight during the winter makes it difficult to see houses, even when its still daytime!
- As the year draws to a close, sellers are more than prepared to settle on a great deal
- If you are able to close before the December 31 deadline, you might be able to get a nice write off on your taxes, as property tax and mortgage interest can both be deducted.
- Those with school-aged children might be hesitant to uproot in the fall, as the school year has just begun and switching districts would be super stressful.
- Same as winter, daylight starts to trickle off about early November, leaving less time to get a good exterior look of the house of your dreams.
Don’t just settle for any home for sale in the New Hope, PA area, contact the Joseph Bograd real estate team today and we’ll get you that deal you’ve been looking for!